BE AN ADVOCATE
There is no time commitment or minimum engagement required to be an Advocate.
Individuals can participate in and engage with the group as much or as little as they like. There are, however, six general asks of each Advocate, irrespective of their level of engagement:
- Adopt the ethos of helping one another for the greater good as a means of establishing a strong and vibrant technology and tech-enabled business sector.
- Be supportive of India tech and other tech hubs across India.
- Attend and contribute to events (bring attendees, bring champions or potential sponsors).
- Help in organising events (online and offline).
- Contribute actively to the online community, help spread the word.
- When ready, introduce new potential Advocates to TIA that you have carefully judged will be a good fit with TIA’s mission.
HOW CAN A PERSON BECOME AN ADVOCATE
You have two options:
- Introduce yourself directly to the founding team via social media or the form provided below. Contact an existing Advocate from within your network and ask them to introduce you to the group.
- In either case, the founding team will explain the purpose, goals and various elements of Tech India Advocates to you and ask you some general questions about your intended participation in the group.
TIA membership is open to anyone, and the group has no joining or membership fees, but Advocates invite Advocates. This approach helps maintain the integrity and mission of the group, which is beyond a simple business network.